Did you know the new infrastructure updates needed for flood protection will aid in restoring 800+ acres of underutilized, industrial land on the island?
The new bypass channel and associated flood control infrastructure will aid in restoring more than 800 acres of underutilized land resulting in opportunities for housing units, commercial and retail space as well as connect Downtown with the Cultural District and The Stockyards.
Panther Island is expected to…
- Generate more than 29,600 full-time workers in the area
- Contribute over $3.7 billion in annual economic activity to our region
- Increase the tax base by over a billion dollars from $129 million to $1.3 billion
- Connect Downtown with the Cultural District and The Stockyards
- Add 12 miles of developable waterfront in our central business district