On Monday, TRVA hosted a workshop to help local companies prepare for upcoming bid opportunities. There was a moderated discussion with panelists who talked about contracting processes from their agency’s perspective. Discussion focused on topics like types of bidding tools, bonding and insurance requirements, common mistakes, bid presentation, the necessity of a pre-bid meeting, schedule requirements and more. Over 75 people attended the event. The panelists were as follows:
- Saji Alummuttil, Project Manager, United States Army Corps of Engineers
- June L. Wohlbach, Chief, Civil Works/Operations Division, United States Army Corps of Engineers
- Woody Frossard, Environmental Director/Project Manager, Trinity River Vision Authority
- Shanna Cate, Fair Contracting Administrator, Trinity River Vision Authority
- Pat Buckley P.E., Senior Engineer/Project Manager, City of Fort Worth
- William Johnson, Asst. Director of Housing and Economic Development (BAC and M/WBE Offices),City of Fort Worth
Another contracting event will be available in the form of a Primavera software training workshop on November 17 and 18. The workshop will provide an overview of Oracle Primavera P6 version 7.0. Participants will be exposed to P6’s capabilities for project planning, scheduling, control and analysis. While these workshops are normally over $2,000, TRVA is offering it for $300. Click here to register.